Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sophie the dorkmeister

Our dog is Sophie. She is a street dog from Portugal. We found her when she was about a year old (or so the vet theorized based on the good condition of her teeth). She has been with us for 12.5 years. I never really noticed before that she is a nocturnal creature. I don't know if this is something new or if it is because we installed a dog door for her last year when we moved into this house. For the first time in her life, she has unlimited access to the backyard at any time of her choosing. I swear, all night long I hear her going in and out, in and out, in and out. I don't know what the heck she is doing, but it doesn't involve barking or destroying, so have at it. Still, what the heck?


Poor Sophie, boys are always putting hats, helmets, glasses on the girl. She just sits there and lets them, such a patient girl. She does love her boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, what will we do without a dog door?