Thursday, November 11, 2010

If The Shoe Fits

You can call me a chicken if you like - if the shoe fits afterall. Yes, it's true, I bought a pair of 4" stilletos for the Marine Ball. Well, I decided to not wear them afterall. I ordered them from Amazon.Com and really they just weren't what I was expecting in terms of going with my ball gown. In addition to a lot of height on a heel as thin as a chopstick, they are patent leather and have a VERY pointy toe. I swear I could wear them for a Wicked Witch of the West Costume on Halloween. Still, they will go with a few things. I did wear them once to an event at the Ambassador's house, which (unbeknownst to me) turned out to be a garden party. As you can imagine, the Ambassador's lawn was well aerated by the end of the evening. So, maybe, just maybe, I'm not a complete chicken.

So, what will I wear instead. I just found the cutest 3.5" heel (slightly wider heel in back, paded on the ball of the foot on front) at the mall here in Sofia. I think they are cute and comfortable (at least more comfortable than the stilletos). So, go ahead, bach-bach-bach, I'm ready for it.

No comments: