Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monkey Man

So, I have a variety of "pet names" for the baby all having to do with monkeys, because he's a monkey! I often call him "monkey man." This morning we were at Radio Shack. They were having trouble with their computer system, so we were standing around waiting, waiting, waiting. My two year old started to wander off just as the cashier thought he was finally ready. So, without any thought of who was around me, I said "come here monkey man." Well, apparently an older gentleman thought I was talking to him. I was so embarrassed. I immediately pointed out that I was talking to my two year old who was now by my side. We both smiled with relief at the misunderstanding. But, oh boy, perhaps "monkey man" is a pet name for my two year old that shouldn't be used in public.

No comments: