Monday, October 27, 2014

Turtle season

It must be turtle season here, as we had yet another turtle in our driveway this morning, luckily this time not injured.

Yesterday, we found the turtle above in our front walk, crushed by something. We are thinking it was likely a car, but do worry that our dog may have also had a paw in it.

We rushed him over to the wildlife refuge where they took the turtle right in. Hope s/he heals quickly and well. K was amazed by all the sights and sounds of all the injured and/or abused animals at the refuge. Such a sad sight to see. I think it is an important lesson for a little one, exotic animals are very cool to look at, but it is really not fair to those animals to keep them as pets. Most people are just not capable of properly caring and providing a proper environment for an exotic pet. So very sad. :(

And, yes, after completing the baseline for my data regression analysis, I could not get to sleep. Went to sleep after midnight and had to wake at 5:30 AM to get our oldest up and ready and then to his bus stop. You see, normally my husband takes him to the hub stop on his way into work, gets up with him, oversees him in the morning to make sure that he gets himself together in time.  I take care of youngest, who goes to school about two hours later. Alas, my husband is traveling this week. So, that means a) I probably will not sleep well and b) I have to get our oldest to his hub stop, which also means waking our youngest to go along for the ride. It's going to be a long week. Now, I really ought to focus back on school! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there's something in our yard that turtles like.