Friday, November 8, 2013

Four months into our UAT

We are in the midst of an unaccompanied tour with my husband's first R&R fast approaching. It has been four months since he left. The boys and I are excited to see him. This four months has been an overwhelming time for me as I struggled with working on my MBA, driving the boys to school and back as well as getting them to after-school activities (swim team, robotics, tae kwon do), and just trying to keep the house functioning. On top of that, we may need to move houses. I know I need to go to the gym more, it actually does help my mental health. Yet, some days it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed and get everything else done.  Let's be honest, some days it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed, period.

We do see family and friends, but between our busy schedule and theirs, it just leaves limited time. And, though they are willing to help when I ask, I hate to ask. I so need to get over that!

My friend Susan told me to think of every day we make it out the door as a success, and I am taking that to heart.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll send you the tour tracker. It's hilarious, and apropos.

The Story Chronicles said...

From our experience, time went so much faster after the first R&R. I hope it does the same for you! Xx