Wednesday, June 20, 2012

We will see. . .

So, my husband has accepted a handshake on an unaccompanied tour. We knew this was coming, it was something he felt he must do. Next summer, he will go for a year without us. He will get to come home for a few visits during the year. Still, with the hours he puts in, perhaps, we will end up seeing him just as much. Perhaps, we will spend more time with him even, but in more concentrated periods of time. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

So, the kids and I have some decisions to make. Do we want to stay at our current post or go back to the US, to our home state? I know in our hearts what the boys and I want to do, and that is go home. But the logisitics of moving them, us, everything, everyone, for just a year is daunting. But, when in this life do we actually have the opportunity to go home to the Pacific NW for a year - never. So, I'm really thinking we should do it when it is possible. My oldest really has his heart set on it - though I hope he isn't disappointed when he realizes just how much it rains back home. He insists that he loves the rain. We will see. . .


No comments: