Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hanukkah Harry

As a child, my parents told the story of the Hanukkah Man, who delivered presents to my brother and me. Somehow, he would slip into our house as we lit the Menorah and leave a present for each of us in the hallway. This is such a wonderful memory for me and I want the boys to have it too. So, we continue on with the story. However, we've added some changes thanks to Jon Levin (sp?), we now know his name is Harry (though I like to think of him as Hanukkah Hershel). We, like Levin, believe he lives a top Mt. Sinai and is good friends with Santa. However, instead of donkeys leading him on his nightly duties, we have told the boys he rides a magic carpet. I know this won't last forever, but it is so fun to see them run up the stairs after we light the Menorah to see what Hanukkah Harry left them this year.

No comments: